Successfully Hiring Sales Leader | News Date :
The most impactful company mistake occurs when hiring a sales leader. While selecting the best talent for all roles is challenging; identifying and on boarding a sales leader position is more fraught with error because:
- Most executives or entrepreneurs who are responsible for hiring a sales leader do not have a sales background. Without knowing the challenges, needs, skills needed for success in a role it is difficult to judge one candidate versus another.
- Different types of services, products and companies require specific sales approaches. Many times a sales person or manager is good at one type of sales but his / her skills and style may not be a match for the type of sales required by another company.
- A hungry sales person seeking his / her next job may be good at selling themselves – but this does not mean they really the right sales person or manager for your company.
- Specific expectations for the first months’ sales results are not agreed upon and/ or the sales compensation does not align with company goals.
These issues can have a significant impact on company executives and investors as illustrated by the real world case of Teckno.
Avoid the impact of these mistakes through:
- Deep knowledge of the sales process and the skills, experience and style required to successfully drive sales for your company.
- A multi-faceted candidate assessment process that leads to joint understanding of requirements, expectations and fit of the selected candidate’s skills and style with the company.
- Compensation, on boarding and support aligned with company and candidate’s expectations.
Learn more about Hiring a Sales Leader.
Scalability from the Ground Up: Feb 10 Oslo Tech, Oslo, Norway
Going International – Getting it Right the First Time: Feb 25 K&L Gates San Francisco, CA
Building a Global Unicorn: Mar 17 Founders Space, San Francisco, CA
March 2-3 : Next Step joins TechnoPort to bring Sales Excellence to Nordic Technology Executive.
Next Step Europe, based in Oslo, Norway delivers 200% growth and client results with increasing global need for commercialization, internationalization, and business transformation.
Take the Next Step to Avoid Hiring Mistakes
Call Next Step on (650) 361-1902 for a complementary consultation before you embark hiring a sales leader to your business.