Thursday, 29th May
5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (Pacific) | Location: Babson College, 152 Main St. San Francisco
Silicon Valley Startup Experiences: How Nordic Companies Are Transitioning and Building Successful Global Companies
Jennifer Vessels, CEO of Next Step will moderate an exclusive event hosted by Silicon Vikings on May 29th, 2014.
The session will explore key opportunities as well as challenges facing Nordic companies that move their sales, operations, or a significant part of their operations, to Silicon Valley.
The following questions will be discussed:
- What are some of the key challenges they face from moving here, and how have they successfully overcome the challenges and hurdles?
- What do they need to consider before operating or selling in US?
- What are their options, i.e. sales in the US vs operations (branch or subsidiary) in US?
- What is reasonable time and ‘path’ to success?
- What strengths and weaknesses do these companies have compared to US companies in gaining the necessary growth traction to get the investment capital they need?
- What role does cultural difference play in success and what can be done to mitigate any negative impact?
- What are some of the lessons learned from their experiences?
- And what are some of the most significant cultural or business environment differences of operating in Silicon Valley from their home countries?
To register, please click here.