Dan McEntee specializes in business plan development, financial modeling, business acquisitions, turnarounds, reorganizations and business valuation. A long term Silicon Valley financial professional, Dan has over 30 years of financial management and business development experience, including CFO roles. He has consulted since 2009.
Some of Dan’s successes have included:
- As the CFO of Globalstar from 2000 to 2005, Dan led the financial restructuring of the company through a chapter 11 process, resulting in the settlement of $3.3 billion of liabilities due to a variety of financial and industry creditors. The restructuring was accomplished through the implementation of a rollup strategy, under which Globalstar acquired several it its international distributors and transitioned from a wholesale provider of satellite services to a vertically integrated international satellite telecommunications operator.
- Shortly after the formation of Globalstar in 1991, Dan was instrumental in the company’s first major financing which raised $275 million of equity capital from the Vodafone Group, France Telecom, Alcatel, QUALCOMM, Hyundai, and other telecommunications service providers and suppliers.
- As the CFO of InnoPath Software, Dan managed the completion of InnoPath’s Series D financing which raised $20 million of venture capital investment.
- Dan also raised venture financing as the CFO at Narus. While at Narus, he built the company’s financial team, restructured Narus’ credit agreements, implemented software revenue recognition practices in accordance with US GAAP, and positioned Narus for its ultimate acquisition by Boeing Corporation.
- In 2009, Dan became accredited as a valuation analyst by the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA). He has since implemented a successful valuation practice focused on the valuation of venture backed companies and derivative liabilities.
- Dan has supported a wide variety to technology clients as a part time or interim CFO, helping them scale their operations from startup to profitability, restructure troubled banking relationships, and build long term financial teams to ensure GAAP compliance and forward thinking planning processes as they scale their businesses.
Since 2009, Dan has supported clients across several industries, including telecommunications, software, education technology, environmental monitoring, payment processing, death care, SaaS, and data storage.
Mr. McEntee earned his MBA from U.C. Berkeley’s Haas School of Business in 1990 and holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.