Anne-Mette Thunem specializes in international marketing communications, editorial management, and content marketing. For 15+ years, she has worked with European and Scandinavian B2B companies, and U.S. companies entering those markets, to use content marketing to improve customer loyalty and retention, and drive lead generation.
Some prior successes have included:
- Developed editorial calendars and content strategies for a wide range of global B2B brand publications covering industries that ranged from telecommunications, paper manufacturing, hygiene products, and financial services.
- Sourced and managed translations of communications into 16 languages, and directed the custom publishing industry’s first Chinese language launch (1997).
- Built an international network of journalists, photographers, and suppliers in 50+ countries to produce cost-effective, localized communications.
- Publications regularly exceeded client expectations: one manufacturer’s B2B publication had a 42% conversion rate.
- Integrated marketing efforts across teams comprising of designers, editors, marketing, branding, and business development.
- Successfully navigated international corporate structures, understanding the relationship between headquarters and local markets, and managing complex international budgets.
- Managed introduction of a client’s heavy industrial/manufacturing B2B magazine in nine former eastern European countries and China.
- Led market research and business development for a U.S-based start-up looking to expand distribution in Scandinavia and Central Europe.
- Initiated, conceptualized, and organized an exhibit in association with the Norway Day Festival, celebrating Norwegian innovations in architecture, design, technology, and consumer products. The exhibition, part of the 5,000-visitor annual festival sponsored by the Norwegian Consulate General in San Francisco, highlighted contributions made by Norwegian inventors and entrepreneurs in the world market.
A former journalist, Anne-Mette has traveled extensively in emerging countries, both on journalistic assignment and to fulfill personal ambitions, taking care where possible to “go native”, so as to best absorb the unique flavor of the indigenous people and their culture. These experiences are fundamental to her ability to help organizations uncover the local culture and climate that will affect the content that will best resonate with the targeted European audience.
Prior to becoming a consultant in 2007, Anne-Mette was the Editorial Director and Managing Editor at Appelberg Publishing Group in Stockholm, Sweden’s largest and most successful editorial communications agency, managing content strategy, and execution for some of the largest companies in Swedish export industry and their worldwide subsidiaries.
Born and raised in Norway, and now residing in the San Francisco Bay Area, Ms. Thunem holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from University of Oslo, Norway.