Leslie Flowers specializes in instructional design, curriculum development and copywriting. She has more than 20 years experience in Learning and Development and Human Resources in both large corporate and start up environments, spanning the high-tech, staffing, professional services and construction industries.
Some of Leslie’s prior successes include:
- Designed, developed and delivered numerous on-boarding and employee development programs resulting in accelerated new hire productivity, improved performance and increased talent retention.
- Completely overhauled corporate university curriculum to include both technical and soft skills training and improve quality of content, impact of delivery and evaluation of results.
- Established and directed a cross-functional Employee Development Task Force focused on identifying and addressing technical, professional and leadership training needs for more than 2500 geographically dispersed business unit professionals.
- Created and developed Job Family Matrices (career paths) and job descriptions for all corporate functional areas, providing a benchmark for recruiting, career development and performance management.
- Wrote and edited numerous business documents including company newsletters, policies and procedures, user guides, white papers and Employee Handbooks.
- Provided social media content and copywriting services to a variety of entrepreneurs and
Before becoming a consultant in 2009, Leslie served as Training Manager at XL Construction; Curriculum Developer at Robert Half International; Manager, People Development at SeeCommerce; and Employee Development Director at EDS (Electronic Data Systems).
Leslie earned her Bachelor of Arts in Journalism at Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia, and spent a year abroad in Basel, Switzerland. She is an active Volksmarcher (distance walker) and enjoys travel, hiking, theater, reading and continuous learning.