Rebecca Barthel specializes in marketing strategy, channel marketing and sales as well as marketing communication planning and execution. A sales and marketing professional, she has over 30 years of experience launching and enhancing market success fo high-tech products and services in the U.S. and international markets with companies of all sizes.
Some of Rebecca’s prior successes have included:
- Directed sales and channel marketing/partner programs for over 100 product introductions in markets around the world for companies such as SuperMac Technology, Apple Computer, CyberSound, Cardinal Technologies, Microrim, Software Publishing Corporation, Lasso Logic, Hewlett-Packard, Serious Materials, Sonic Wall and Adobe.
- Developed and implemented dozens of authorized dealer, VAR and other channel programs that featured competitive offerings, benefits and terms.
- Conducted market and channel assessment and survey activities for companies targeting specific market segments and channels, including ISPs, VARs, VADs, DMRs.
- Defined and created sales tools for use by company’s salespeople and by channel salespeople and SEs.
- Directed field marketing efforts for software and hardware companies, including in-store visits and channel training seminars.
- Defined and directed development and launch of the first online portal for a major PC maker’s SPIF incentive programs.
- Executed reseller and distributor contracts with major channel players, including the largest U.S. consumer electronics retailers, national distributors and corporate resellers. Designed and directed successful programs to recruit VARs, retailers and national resellers
- Designed and directed sales, education and incentive programs for retailers, VARs, corporate resellers, distributors, direct resellers, dealer salespeople and dealer/owner/managers. Improved efficiency and effectiveness of sales communications for multiple companies and clients, resulting in increased awareness, sell-in and sell-through.
Rebecca’s has worked with clients ranging from Cisco Systems, Hewlett-Packard, Apple, Adobe, Sonic Wall, ISP Channel and ShareVision Technology.
Before becoming a consultant in 1997, Rebecca served as the vice president of marketing and products for Merisel FAB (ComputerLand franchise and Datago aggregator business), vice president of marketing for Air Communications, director of channel marketing for Cardinal Technologies, and regional sales manager for Microrim and Software Publishing.
Ms. Barthel holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business from the Eastern Michigan University.