Jean Banko specializes in product management and product marketing as well as business strategy and vision. A product marketing and launch professional, she has over 12 years of a proven track record and experience with high-tech products and services in the U.S. and international markets with companies of all sizes.
Some of Jean’s prior successes have included:
- Directed product management and marketing programs for over 100 product introductions in markets around the world for companies such as EMC Corporation; Dell, Inc; Snap Appliance, Inc.; Fujitsu Software Technology Corporation; Quantum Corporation; Kensington; Silicon Graphics, Inc.; Iomega Corporation; and Union Camp Corporation. Generated over $325M in incremental revenue.
- Managed the business development, technology and marketing partnerships with industry leading software and hardware companies – Brocade Communications Systems, Inc.; Emulex Corporation; Quantum Corporation; Symantec Corporation;, Computer Associates;, EMC Corporation;, BakBone Software; DataCore Software; Philips Electronics; Cisco Systems, Inc.; BMC Software; International Business Machines; Hewlett-Packard; Apple; Adobe Systems; Xerox Corporation; Eastman Kodak; and American Greetings.
- Responsible for the market assessment, sizing, MRDs, PRDs, definition, positioning, branding, strategic roadmaps, competitive analysis, development, and worldwide launches of numerous enterprise to consumer, software and hardware products. Managed all aspects of the product, business, application, and marketing program development efforts by leading R&D, engineering, operations, quality assurance, software, and marketing communications teams.
- Developed a product lifecycle process and motivated cross-functional teams towards achieving an unprecedented 90-day launch cycle time for complex software and consumer products.
- Delivered over 80% quarter-to-quarter revenue growth of a complex SAN solution to Global 1000 customers such as First Data Resources, J. C. Penney, Toyota, Progressive Insurance, and DISA.
- Acquired network-based storage virtualization technology from DataCore Software for $24M to complete the vision of an automated storage utility.
- Supported Sales Teams with successful selling processes and approaches, market research, pricing models, ROI evaluations, proposals, presentations, sales and technical training materials, and contracts to shorten the consultative selling cycle to 4-6 months.
- Led the international marketing and sales teams, achieving a $135M business in Europe and $30M business in Asia/Pacific for Iomega Corporation.
Demonstrating her entrepreneurial spirit in 1999, Jean entered the world of consulting specializing in business, acquisition, operations, marketing and branding strategies for high-tech start-up companies.
Ms. Banko holds a Master of Business Administration graduate degree from the College of William and Mary and an Industrial Engineering and Operations Research degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.