Like all industries, the world of travel is evolving rapidly through technological innovation and changing consumer demographics. The ubiquity of technology today makes it easy for travelers to learn about various destinations, then select and book flights, rooms, tours and many related products and services – all from mobile or web devices. Traditional travel agencies, hotels, tour agencies and airport shopping are often circumvented as travelers ‘self-plan’ their own experience.
Gaining the ‘wallet-share’ of from these prized customers is one of the greatest challenges facing all organizations in the ‘travel value chain’ i.e. airlines, airports, hotels, ground transportation providers, tour operators, retail and food and beverage. Globally, countries, regions and cities are all in competition to attract and retain their loyalty.
By ‘digitalizing’ i.e. making offerings easily available via mobile/web apps and then analyzing and leveraging data demonstrating customer behavior, organizations enhance customer experience, leading to loyalty.
Ultimately the Travel Value Network allows each of the travel providers (airport, airline, hospitality, transportation, tour operators, retail and food and beverage) to attain a sustainable role in the travel value network.
The Travel Value Network will provide:
- Travelers easy access to relevant (personalized) information, offers and services
- Easy, pleasant booking, planning and experience of the journey travel
- Integrate air, ground transportation, lodging, adventure, dining, shopping experiences
- Offer and deliver relevant locally produced products, services and cuisines to travelers
- Gain ongoing customer loyalty through facilitation of travelers’ communication and sharing of their experiences during and after travel
- Personalize and enhance each traveler’s experience
Next Step, global consultancy based in Silicon Valley with Europe subsidiary has led digitalization of technology, transportation, finance, retail/consumer and media businesses since initial success driving Adobe’s transition from a perpetual (license) software company to a leader in ‘marketing / creativity as a service’ in 2008.
Based on work with Avinor, United Airlines, Choice Hotels and Airbnb, Next Step has defined a vision of the European Travel Value Network through which a traveler can easily plan, prepare for, experience and share their travel experience. This includes a well-designed customer journey providing easy access across the travel value network.